It sounds like everyone is doing well. I’m sorry that Jacob didn’t make it to out rounds at his debate tournament. I know all too well how that feels. It’s okay though. He’ll do better next time. It also sounds like Monica and Quincy had life changing experiences over the weekend. I wish I could have been there. I’m afraid I’m probably becoming the person that the event was trying to put down. I’m starting to become way too much one sided (don’t worry it’s too the left, but please edit for grandparents and other Republicans).
This week in Fukui was alright. It was stressful because last Tuesday I had to do training again in Nagoya and we come back to Fukui that night because we had an appointment the next morning (which canceled on me). I was exhausted. Luckily antibiotics are miracles (I mean that in a very serious sense). I was better by Tuesday. My voice was just a little hoarse. So I’ll finish up the last two days tomorrow and then be off of them. They were a quite helpful. Mom is absolutely brilliant for giving me antibiotics to bring.
So you know you are getting old and things are changing at home when you are a Hooton and you get a box of brownies in a package but the package is different from what it had always been that you don’t recognize it. I almost cried when I realized it was a box of brownies. America is changing. Also, Mom told me today that Brother Comin got released. Either I’ve been away so long that I’ve forgotten people or he is new to the ward and I didn’t get to know him because I have no idea who that is. Speaking of ward members, there is a member of the Bishopric here who is exactly like Bishop Schofield. (By the way, what was the name of our ward before the split? I forgot). The only difference is he talks really impolitely during sacrament meeting when he is conducting, makes fun of people’s talks, makes inappropriate comments, is a little bit bigger, and tries embarrassing children....wait that’s exactly the same as Bishop Schofield.
So does anyone remember what McDonalds used to smell like before it became healthier? Back in the days of the Notre Dame toys or the toy story toys? Like the Mr. Potato Head that would throw French Fries out of his backpack? I know Monica knows what I’m talking about. Anyway, I smelled that smell this week and it was great. It reminded me a lot of Korea.
Good segue huh? So Elder Chei is coming to our zone on Friday. It’s the new source of a lot of my stress today. He is Korean and in the Area Presidency. I’m sure dad knows about him. I’m very scared because President Baird seems way too on edge and scared. A man that scares President Baird because he is so strict scares the day lights out of me. We were told exactly what to wear and how to dress and groom for our conference. We were also told that Elder Chei might be doing apartment checks. So the rest of my day will be spent cleaning up crap that previous missionaries left here (funny story but we found a working TV in the futon closest the other night. Missionaries in this apartment got in trouble a while ago for having a PS3. To answer your question Jacob, yes if I find the PS3 I’ll send it home to you).
Will everyone (but me of course...unless I get blamed for this TV thing) be home for Christmas? Jason and Carey as well? That’d be way cool.
So there is the guy in our ward that loves pretzels. He sits in the kitchen during Sunday School because he is allergic to the carpets and just eats pretzels. We walked in and he pulled a GIANT bucket of pretzels out from under the table and asked me if I wanted any. There are so many weird people here.
The work here is still way slow. I’m excited because I got my old Zone Leader from Fuji back in my District. It’s very nice to have him back. I need help getting things going here. I’m running up against a brick wall. Thanks for your prayers. It’s helping. Sometimes I feel like my Japanese is getting a lot better but for the last two days I’ve felt like its almost non existent. My English is getting even worse I think. I now prefer speaking in Japanese to Elder Momose rather than English, mainly for comprehension purposes though.
Please send me a lasagna recipe. Due to a big mistake on my part, I now have 7 dollars worth of noodles on my desk and I would like to use them. So a recipe would be great.
So this week was alright. Things are getting better all the time (“they can’t get no worse…” see the Beatles). After this next week I should be doing a little bit better. It will be kind of stressful but I think things will get much better here soon. Thank grandma and grandpa for me for putting my name on the roll of every temple west of Wyoming. Thanks for your prayers and love. I’m doing well and enjoying life. I just need to be more tolerant. I think the Lord is trying to tell me that my wife will be super annoying and not be able to put up with any undesirable weather conditions (last time I checked 50 degrees didn’t constitute using 3 different heaters in the apartment).
Have a good week. Good luck with everything. Everyone seems really busy and working hard. I’ll continue to think about presents that I want (or more things that I need). Love you all. Have a great week.
Love Tyler
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment