Dear Family,
Honestly, what person in the right mind would think that you can get to Heaven by building a tower? I want to find the jerk that first suggested it and punch him in the face.
So Japanese this week royally kicked my butt as Jason might put it. It was super tough. I wouldn’t hesitate to say that it was the hardest week of my life. I’m so tired of not being able to vent in my native language. The problems I face with Elder Momose on a daily basis are not being resolved because of the language barrier. It’s building up and it’s not fair to either of us. It might end in someone getting punch in the face (I hope it’s the dude that tried to build the tower). I think the Lord is trying to get me to learn how to overcome anger because I’ve never had to deal with so much anger in my life (this even trumps debate). I’m doing my best though and trying to love people. I’m doing better. I had some good experiences today. It is getting better but I’ve had to wear my retainer every night because I’m getting headaches from my teeth grinding so much. Anyway, I’m learning and trying to become more Christ like.
I did have the highlight of my mission this week. I was praying so hard that I’d find a prepared soul that I could love and help. We have been receiving a lot of training lately and it was so frustrating that I couldn’t put it into affect and help someone. So I was praying that I would find someone and I got in a little argument with my companion but then calmed down and we went to this apartment complex. We found this woman that has had a recent interest in religion and has been going to a Catholic Church. She readily accepted the Book or Mormon and I think she is reading it. It was too bad that she caught a cold and couldn’t come to General Conference this week but I truly can tell you that I was led to her and I have high hopes for her.
I watched General Conference in Japanese. As you might expect my comprehension was a little weak but I can read it later. It was good study and I still enjoyed it. It was sure tough though.
So I’ll give you an overview of how I would characterize some of the members I’ve recently gotten to know. We have a Japanese Kevin from the office. We have a Japanese Bishop Schofield, Ron Weasel’s dad, and scare crow from batman begins (that one is freaky because he looks exactly like him. Let’s just say I don’t get within arm’s reach of him).
Elder Momose is getting antsy that we might have to pay another dollar so I’ll answer your emails real quick. It’s good that BYU won. Could someone contact Carson for me and get me his address and tell him that he’s the man and I miss him? Jason you did get rocked with home teaching. Gomen (ask someone what that means. Oh I’ll just tell you. It means sorry). Sweet the monitor sounds awesome. That’s okay about Monica and Quincy. Thanks for the letter mom and dad. I’ve got a good story to tell you next week. Also, thanks everyone for your prayers. Jason yours was answered quite well this week that I’d find someone. I love you all. Have a good week. Thanks for sending the package I’ll probably get it tomorrow. Love you all have a great week.
Love, Tyler
Please pray for me. I’m still dying with the language. I also have to do an exchange tomorrow and I have nothing to do with my District Leader so it’s going to be really awkward. Prayers please. The Church is true.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment