Monday, November 8, 2010

October 24, 2010

Well this week will go down as the most stressful week of my life. I went to Kanazawa on Monday, that night I had to stay in Komatsu with the other two missionaries before we started our exchange the next day. Since there were four of us I had to sleep on a futon out of a closest that probably hadn:t be used in months if not years. I woke up and felt just a little stuffed up but I could tell I got stuff into my sinuses. I then started that exchange with my zone leader who is actually going home tomorrow (he finished his mission) he is from Brazil but speaks pretty good english. It was stressful because we really had nothing to do. He suggested things during our planning but none of them were going to work out. I would tell him the reason and then just felt like I was making up excuses. In the end the whole day was spent trying to ride our bike to Takefu city to visit some people but after an hour and a half we decided it would be more effective to just do finding in the city that we were in. So it was kinda stressful always trying to figure out what to do next. It:s the probably with having Fukui Ken as your area. (it:s 40 miles by 40 miles. It might not sound too big but in Japan it:s huge. It:s a whole state here).

So Monday night when we were planning for the exchange I got the big news from one of the president’s assistants. He said that on Thursday President Baird wants to go to Fukui and work with your for the day in your area. So after coming up with no plans for my exchange with my Zone Leader, I had to then plan for working with the Mission President for the day. Not only the mission president. President Baird. So Tuesday night towards the end of our exchange I start to lose my voice to a really bad sore throat. By Wednesday morning I had a full on sinus infection. I took the first nap of my mission on Wednesday to try to get better. I thought it was a miracle because I got better.

Wednesday night I pulled plans together for the next day. It was a miracle and the Lord was keeping me above water. He decided he’d try to test me again though and the next morning both Elder Momose and I got really sick. (my sinus infection came back) I also had a fight with Elder Momose during study and was about ready to explode with anger. The anxious feelings started to come for out time with President Baird (luckily he was coming towards the evening (5:00) but as it came closer I started to get really bad diarrhea. So that didn’t make things pleasant. In the end I pulled it together. Elder Momose got a little bit better and we started the night with President Baird. We visited three families. The first one did not want to make the appointment but agreed anyway. It was difficult because they have five kids. We worked through that and then went to a dinner appointment (super, super rare). It was a couple that just had a baby about a month ago. It went all right. The husband is kind of like Bishop Schofield. I think it was really awkward for him because President Baird is so intense. It went well though and we ended the night visiting our Ward Mission Leader who has no motivation to help us at all.

We ended up actually breaking curfew which was really embarrassing and we found out in our second appointment that President Baird was actually planning on staying in our apartment that night. I just about pooped myself when I heard that (edit for grandparents..thanks). So we ended the night and I felt like I was being judged in everything that I did. It was weird sleeping on the floor next to my mission president. While we were getting ready for bed, I decided I’d try to make conversation. Since I have lost all social skills the best thing I could come up with was to ask President Baird if he had gained weight (good one...I know and yes he has by the way). We went to sleep and I woke up at 6:30 the next morning and he was gone. His suitcase was still there but his futon and stuff was gone. It was scary. I felt like he was hiding under a desk or on the ceiling judging me as I worked out and did study. He was actually on a walk.

We left with him in his van to go to Kanazawa again because we had interviews that day. It was fun seeing people but I started to get really, really sick and couldn’t talk. I started to get bad sinus headaches. On the car ride up he gave us rules that he wanted us to follow. We are suppose to go on a walk every morning (kills my working out time); also he wants us to speak English in the apartment from now on. It’s a little more difficult because I learned how to express myself in Japanese a little bit better but now I have to speak a little more simplistically in the apartment. It’s good though because it’s helping with our relationship. It does add to my stress though.

So during my interview I asked him for permission for something and he flat out said no and so that on top of everything else I had a hard night on Friday. I ended up trying to do my best on Saturday and we had a really good day. We worked all day which was a miracle. I was very happy that we stayed out all day. Sunday was stake conference so we had to get a ride to Komatsu. It was good to see people but a lot of people from Takaoka had forgotten me. Oh well. On the way home I thought I was going to die. I got home and started a course of anti-biotics. I’m on the mend now. I had to just sleep last night though. We visited one person but I was losing my sense of balance so I thought riding a bike wasn’t the best idea (it was really windy and stormy so it made for difficult riding). I’m feeling better today. The medicine of course helps fast.

We got transfer calls today. We didn’t receive a call so we are both staying I guess. No one in our district was told that they were district leader though. It might be more. We didn:t get a call but we also didn:t get a text saying that it was over so I might still get a call or they might have just straight up forgotten us. so I might be district leader. I:m happy with transfers. It turned out good. My old zone leader from Fuji is the new zone leader here. He will be in Komatsu. It will be way fun. I like him a ton. also Elder Momose and I have a good relationship right now. The learning english thing helps.

So thanks for your prayers I:ll continue to try to work hard. Oh President Baird also commanded me (used the word nasai) to learn chineese characters. To answer some questions and say some things. Can I get matt graham:s address. It sounds liek you are all working really hard. It sounds like Katie did absolutely wonderful. I*m so proud of here. She got contacts huh? Awesome. I*m fine on contacts. I:ll read that sheet when I get it. My allergies are bad but I:m taking care of it. No medicine needed. I:ve still got another course. I might ask for more if I have to use the other course. Way to go for monica and quincy going out with the missionaries. Way good. I*m glad byu won. I:m glad the bishop didn:t swear when it was coming down to the wire.

I love you all have a wonderful week. Thanks for yoru prayers. I:m doing much better. I*m just trying to make it and work as hard as I can. I*m feeling better so that will help with the stress I think. Keep up the good work and working hard. Good luck with debate jacob. I bet you look great now with your braces off (you looked great before too.)

Love
Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment