One quick note:
Once Tyler leaves on March 29th he will no longer be able to recieve dearelders. Please see the address below. I will post any new address we get.
Hey everyone,
First thanks G&G Hooton for the great DearElder letters. I really appreciate it. I love to read them. They are so wonderful. This was a rough week but not bad. My district had some contention. Our new teacher angered some people. He talks to us like we are five and doesn't plan out his lessons and so there was some contention with him. People were also angry about so many things.
Jacob, in order to prepare for your mission I have some advice. 1). be in awkward situations. 2). try dealing with stress. Don't live a life without stress. You will fall apart like some people here. 3). Learn how to just DO something. Don't wait and around and procrastinate it. Do it right now. (Suggestion: Before you go to sleep tonight, write you're older brother a DearElder. I'm not saying I feel neglected but it would be a good exercise). Also, read your scriptures every night. Just count to three and then go and do it!) 4). Learn how to deal with annoying people. The world is laced with them. Nothing you can do about it but try to understand how they feel and who they are and try to love them as Christ loves them. This advice can go for everyone. I'm not saying I've mastered these things. In fact, that’s why I've written them. I've seem myself and others struggle with these.
I heard elder Oaks talked at Stanford or something. How did that go? It's great by BYU won. Stupid Kansas State though. I feel like I've been betrayed by them. Mom I don't have my passport. They will give to me the morning that I leave (bad idea?...I think so). If you could send me a calling card I feel like that would take away from stress. This is also a weird request but it's for a good cause. Can you send some more of those TimTam things too? I can't think of anything else I need, but if you think of anything, send it. I will be fine on weight I think.
The Japanese is coming well. I can communicate on my own with some of the Japanese. It will be incredibly tough when I get there but it's okay. Sorry to everyone that isn't family. This letter is really lame. I am going to try to write Grandpa Miller a letter in Japanese and send it home since he might be there over the break. Katie I love you and will try to write you a letter. Bye Everyone have a great week.
Love Tyler
Tyler’s Travel Itinerary:
Leave SLC on Delta airlines flight 990 at 8:25 am on March 29th. Arrive in San Francisco at 9:46 am.
Leave San Francisco on Japan Airlines flight 1 at 1:20PM. Arrive in Tokyo Narita, Japan at 4:35 pm on March 30th.
Leave Tokyo on flight 53 at 6:25pm on the 30th and arrive in Nagoya, Japan at 7:45pm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment