Dear Family,
This week went well. I'm sad to hear that Jacob isn't doing too great. I hope you feel better. I loved grandma and grandpa's DearElders this week. Thank you. It was incredibly sweet of you. Katie I can't thank you enough for the letter that you sent me. I don't know if I will be able to respond to it this week because I’m so busy today but it was my favorite letter in the world. It truly is the cutest thing I've ever seen (yeah you heard me WALL-E that's right).
I'm sleeping well. I am pretty tired all the time though just because of the huge workload that we have. The language is going well. I had a full conversation with a native missionary yesterday. I completed my task well and my sensei asked the missionary questions to see if I did everything right and he said yes. I then talked to him for a while and his best friend went to Montana for fly fishing. I told him that my chichi and I did that all the time. Luckily you sent that picture of me with the tiny fish because I said my fish were always so small. It was in Utah but we'll just keep that one to ourselves.
I am still trying to stay in shape so I can missionary longer and harder than anyway in my zone. Elder Larkin (the auzzie that I’ve mentioned) pushes me pretty hard. It’s a nice release of tension and gives me more endurance. I'm still at 185 lbs though which is 15 pounds more than when I arrived. I think it's a lot of muscle though. My legs and arms are much bigger. Everyday I don't want to run Elder Larkin in his deep auzzie voice says, "Come on Futon Choro, we need to become better than any mortal women deserves but fit for an eternal companion." Let me tell you....inspiring words. lol.
I see how it is Jason. I'm going to start to learn Portuguese and you decided to drop it for Spanish? Quincy and I will just talk. That's sick about your research (sick as in awesome). Will you be doing it by yourself? Your competitions stories were really funny. I laughed pretty hard. I thought the only people over the age of 18 that played four square were missionaries in the MTC. I guess I was wrong.
Monica and Quincy your emails are great. Monica your primary ideas were what we can on Japanese Kampeki (perfect). I hope law school decisions are going well. Quincy's internship sounds perfect for him. I'd love to do it too. Thanks everyway for the descriptions of things that I won't be able to experience for two years (just kidding it's totally fine). I'm learning well on how to not be distracted by things. I am focusing a lot better. I had to give a lesson this last Sunday on diligence so I tried to apply it to my life a lot more. I gave a certain food that had been sent to me by a beloved family member away as a prize to the most diligent person during the lesson. It may or may not be spreadable and it had lost its use after I had all my brownies. I think I'm good on clothes by the way.
The work is going well. I'm learning a lot. I feel like my language ability is greatly increasing with the Lord's help. I'm so stoked to go to Japan. I will probably find out my flight plans on Friday. I will only be able to email back on next Tuesday. I will have to try and organize when I can call you. I hope I have a long layover somewhere so I can't have some time. I don't want to make it too big of a deal though. I don't want it to become stressful for anyone (me included).
I found out some incredible news this week. Shelby Lubbers my good friend has been secretly going to church in her college ward and has taken all of the discussions. The only thing that is holding her back isn't that her parents don't fully support her. It's sad but I think (know) that it will also be a big problem I run into in Japan. I'm so incredibly happy though. I’m even more happy that my family is doing so well. I love that everyone is trying to become closer to the Lord. I pray for it every night. It motivates me so much and gives me more to work for when I get to Japan. Things are going well for me. I have down points during the week but I'm so stoked to leave soon. Love you all. Bye.
Elder Hooton
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment