Dear Family,
Things are going well. The language is still coming at a steady pace. My lesson went well this week. There were some awkward silences during the lesson and my companion kept forgetting words that I knew but I couldn't figure out what words he was looking for. It was sort of frustrating because the volunteer we've had the last two weeks is really mean and asks really mean questions that she knows are difficult to explain even in English. We've only been here 6 weeks. Oh well, it's all good.
Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Hooton. I appreciate your letters. They are fun to read. I'm glad things are going well. To answer Katie's questions I can only take pictures on P-days and Sundays. There has been some contention in our district over it. The mission presidency has asked us to delete all videos that we had on our cameras and some Elders didn't want to and some Elders tried to be forceful about it which sort of blew my mind. I think people need to make decisions for themselves but still be obedient. I've taken care of mine. I just wish Elders would stop making contention in our district.
I got to play knockout (basketball) in gym the other day with a one armed Elder. It was quite weird (somehow that's the best story I have this week). I am back down to 180 lbs. now. I am running 3 miles a day too. To put Katie's worries to rest, I will still be stronger than Jacob when I get back. I lift everyday too. My tall auzzie friend here is pushing me pretty hard. My arms are quite a bit stronger. I decided to finally stop eating so much when I found I had gained 17 lbs. Someone threw a chocolate kiss at me and it hit my stomach and I didn't feel it. I had a huge gut. My district thought it was hilarious how fast I could gain weight.
Congrats to Monica and Quincy on more law schools and the awesome Duke Scholarship. Thanks for the letters Quincy and Monica. I appreciate them a lot. I loved the comments on the architecture. Thomas Jefferson had it going on architecturally. Way to go Jason and Carey on scoring some free housing. That's what I'm talking about. Thanks for the “you know what's” in your letters Jason. Also thanks Mom for the other “you know what’s.” Jason, I left your DearElder letter that you sent me back in my room. I found it quite hilarious though. I loved the Fiberone stories. It brought me back to the good old days. Real quick on the devotional thing, it's not a big deal but if Abby or Stephanie have notes on all of them then it's just the one where a wife talks first and I don't remember what the husband talked about. Sorry. It just might not exist.
I think its cool the Monica and Quincy are living with Grandpa Miller. I have a lot more respect for him because he learned this language. It's incredible how complex it is. If I put an "e" after the verb but before the coupla or politifer, then it makes it poetential. If I put an "ese" then it makes it "made or allow" which is dependent upon the particle that were used previously, but sometimes you just have to guess. I had to give a praying in our zone conference when the new elders came. I'm not going to lie...it's the best pray I've ever heard. (I'm just kidding. I didn't practice it a lot though and it went well).
Jacob thanks for the letter. I'm sorry about debate, that's tough. I hope things are going well for you. I'm excited to be home for the end of your senior year. I'll try to respond more to your letter. Please send photos of all my friends, not just my really close ones. Don’t take my truck in. I just wanted that one speaker disconnected. It needed to be. It’s not broken as long as the one speaker was disconnected. I am doing really well this week. I’m excited to go. I’m staying focused and everything. I’m being obedient with everything as well. I pray for everyone a lot. I’ll talk to you next week. Everyone have a great week. I love you all.
Elder Hooton
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment