Dear Family,
New York sounded way fun for Jason and Carey. I loved all of the things that he mentioned that he did. Monica’s email was also great. I’m glad things are going well for Quincy and his job. It was cool that Mr. Wholler mentioned me. I missed those good old days a lot.
Oh did you ever send that letter off to Michael? And could you send contact solution and cases whenever you have a chance? This package or the next is cool. I’m not too short on stuff right now. Oh, send toothpaste too. I don’t know if I said that before.
My talk went all right. No one in the audience had an expression on their face (believe me I was desperately trying to find someone to look at that had a smile on their face or anything reassuring). I’ve decided that I’m going to call it a success though, mainly because the bishop didn’t ask me to sit down. The only big mistake is that I said, “I humbly say this prayer in the name of Jesus Christ amen.” Then I started to sit down turned around and said oops and then said humbly testify amen. Really I should have said give this talk but that’s okay. Those poor translators must have had a heck of a time translating what I was saying.
I’m yet to be convinced by someone that our bishop actually speaks Japanese. It sounds like a dialect of whatever language Chewbacca speaks. Jokes like that ensure that I won’t be able to find a date when I get back to America. It’s going to be quite the change from here. It’s incredible how much they love tall, white, blonde haired, blue eyes people here and I can also speak English and can order in Japanese at McDonalds (I’m just kidding....I do it in English).
Yes I have a normal washer and dryer. My zone is the only zone that gets dryers though. It’s hot enough elsewhere during the whole year that they don’t need them. My rain suit is good. No problems yet. Everyone one else that I’ve ever talked to about it said that they ripped their pants the first day they used them. I haven’t used mine yet but I think they will be fine. I also sleep on a futon.
There are these two kids that are investigators of ours...sorta and we think they have a lot of promise if they come to church but they LOVE Elder Insch and Elder Insch only. So we did splits and I was just expecting that I’d be with him here in Takaoka. Elder Howells expected that some thing. When we met up with Elder Insch and Elder Walter though they said I was staying in Kanazawa with Elder Walter. It was like I was expecting to go on a date with Elizabeth from Pirates of the Caribbean but I go to pick her up at the door and it’s just Will. Sure he’s cute too but really, give me a break (you might want to edit this part for Grandpa and Grandma Hooton). I really wanted to talk with Elder Insch about stuff though. I felt so lost at that point. I now know why they call trainers “fathers.” I feel like I was an abandoned orphan on the streets of Kanazawa. It ended up being okay. I decided it was probably the Lord’s hand and I’d probably end up being depressed after the Kokan if I had spent it with elder Insch. I did get to teach a Swiss dude who was super drunk. I met a bunch of Chinese people, a woman from Taiwan, a guy from Britain that wouldn’t stop dropping the F bomb, oh and I talked to a couple Japanese people.
So sorry I didn’t write a whole lot. I guess Elder Howells is going to go get his haircut right now, or at least that’s why he told me to wear street clothes today. So I love everyone I hope you have a great week. I’ll try to get some better stuff to write about next week. Love you all.
Elder Hooton

No comments:
Post a Comment