Dear Family,
Well my life was a lot different this past week. I was quite shocked at first when I had a new companion. Everything I knew and loved in this world was taken away from me in a matter of hours. I now know why they call trainers “Dads.” I did feel like I was being left in the wilderness by myself. Elder Howells is a good guy and I like him a lot but it’s quite different from Elder Insch. It’s been a super hard adjustment and I just about lost my mind when I spent most of Saturday in the apartment because Elder Howells was sick. I could only read the Liahona so many times before I start thinking about home. It’s hard to say the time flies by when we aren’t really working that much. I’m getting through it though and I’d say that my faith is growing. I’m just trying to keep a good relationship with him and at the same time do what I think is right. I’ve definitely grown a lot but I don’t know if I can keep on growing like this for another 14 transfers. I have to decide what we do because Elder Howells doesn’t know the area. It’s good for me but it’s a trade off because I can’t teach most of our investigators yet because none of them speak Japanese or English. Our one investigator Tanaka who was so promising is falling through the cracks a little. Hopefully he can gain a better testimony of THIS church and not all of them.
So did you can the old computer? I remember you saying you got a new one. I’m doing just fine on Singular. I’ve got plenty. Concerning what we talked about on the phone a little: I totally trust Jacob now with the truck (don’t do anything stupid now that I told you that). I’d really like Jacob to be able to be cool and have a rocking awesome stereo. Ask Abby, Shelby, or Stephanie how it can sound. They heard it in its prime. Jacob would be so much cooler if it was working. He’d be happy to know that on my list of priorities right now his cool status is even above me doing my laundry this week; so he should feel pretty special.
Speaking of segues: which weed eater did Jason fix, that gas powered one? I’d be super impressed if he did. I got to play ping pong last week. It was way fun. I played it with a member. He beat me 2-1 but it wasn’t fair because I hadn’t played in forever. Also, I didn’t have a good paddle. Those are all the excuses I could come up with. It’s a bummer that the TV bulb broke again. It was funny when mom was describing what was for dinner at “steak” conference (it’s a pun not an error believe it or not) because it sounds like what I eat almost everyday. I have one of those lava cakes with powdered sugar and ice cream (I ask them to hold the sauce like in the one story that I told you all) at least 4 times a week.
Monica and Quincy’s emails are great by the way. I love the way they write them. Occorina Flow would be a sweet song. It’s weird that I am more strict than my mission president. It’s okay though because I’m sure it will be the opposite when President Beard arrives. The entire mission is holding their breath this transfer. I will be fine but it sounds like some missionaries might be rioting in the streets.
Well it sounds like Jacob did well with tennis. Even though he didn’t win it sounds like he put up some good fights. Since I’m a missionary, I’m all about growing experiences so in my opinion it was probably a good growing experience. Speaking of me being a missionary, (usually I forget when I wake up that I’m a missionary and I wonder why I can’t read any of the labels on the cereal boxes and then remember) did everyone say thank you in a prayer that they speak English? Almost everyone in the country would love to speak English and they try so hard but they can never get it down as well as Americans. It’s so sad and it’s so difficult for them. I’m very thankful that I’m blessed to be a native English speaker. I don’t want to take it for granted.
Well I’m hoping this next week it good. They seem to be getting more difficult. I’ll just do my best. I’m sorry that even if you edited my emails you probably couldn’t put enough together to read to the ward. I should probably write something that you can read them. I’ll be sure to leave spaces for the bishop to add in his unique comments. I’m also going to try to guess what the bishop will say about it from the pulpit. Until then, feel free to tell the ward what you think is best. I love you all and everyone have a good week.
Love,
Elder Tyler Hooton

No comments:
Post a Comment