Tuesday, April 12, 2011

March 7, 2011

Dear Family,

First, I need to know if it’s bad to begin writing with my right hand. I’m left handed but I write Chinese characters with my right hand. I had an English student tell me that it’s terrible for my brain and I need to stop because it will make it so I can’t log new things in my brain. Can you just check on that? I’m going to preliminarily call it bogus but I’d like something to back that up.

I really don’t have a whole lot to talk about this week. I like being in Fukui for another transfer but it’s hard to be with someone for this long. I’m sure I’m getting annoying to Elder Soliai but we are doing pretty well. I also found out that I will have to go to Nagoya for two weeks this transfer for training.

I mainly visited inactives this whole week until Friday when I had to teach my first District Meeting. It’s weird because I have two missionaries that are about to go home that I teach so I feel inadequate about that. There is also a brand new missionary that just came in so I felt like he was watching me closely the whole time. Since Elder Soliai was no longer the youngest missionary he got a boost of confidence and became a kind of mentor for the new missionary. I felt like I had to keep my jokes to a minimum and keep everyone focused. It went okay I guess.

Right after that I had to do an exchange where I stayed in Komatsu with the new missionary. I wasn’t too happy about it. I don’t know the area, I hate leaving my own area because I feel like it will be on fire when I come back. So we just visited the Kitano couple again and got a picture with them and tried to do some housing. It was pretty bad so I just cut bait and had the new missionary get to sleep a little early since he was still recovering from jet lag. This week was pretty slow and we didn’t have a lot of success but I’m working on it. I’m leaving for Nagoya tomorrow night and I get back on Friday night so it’s another week I won’t be in my area. I’m sure I will learn lots of good stuff though.

I’m sorry that I had such a boring week. I went and visited two inactives that live next to the ocean. I felt like I was with 30 year old children. The member showed me his airsoft gun and then Elder Soliai wanted to take pictures wearing his army stuff. Of course you know me so it’s a picture of them wearing helmets and holding bb guns and I’m wearing my regular clothes. He asked us if we wanted to watch a movie with him. We had to explain that we can’t. He asked if music videos were okay. I said that was probably worse. It’s pretty stressful having to crush people’s hopes of being able to hang out with Americans but it’s okay.

Sorry this is so lame. I’m doing well. I’m pretty healthy this week. I have a lot more energy today than usual. I love you all. Have a good week.

Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment