Thursday, April 15, 2010

April 13, 2010

Dear Family,

I thought I had from qualified sources the knowledge that I could email friends. I had a feeling I should probably double check. We got a text from the AP’s today that said I can only email family. I feel absolutely terrible especially after my friends told me how excited they were to email me. Sorry everyone. I only have a half an hour to write today.

We are going to go to karaoke (against my will I might had). I don’t think it’s a good use of our time but that’s all right. Dad your email was very helpful and inspiring. I loved everyone’s emails. I am actually yet to read Jason’s. I only have 12 minutes left to write. Luckily I don’t have a lot to write. As you can tell my English is getting terrible and unfortunately my Japanese and Portuguese are quite stagnant.

I did get a bike this week and I went and bought it yesterday because it finally arrived. I did get to listen to conference in English. We had to travel far though and we actually missed most of the first day. Tip of the week: If food is gross, chew it in your cheeks and slide it down the back of your throat without letting it touch your tongue. Don’t let anyone see though.

It was fun trying to explain to an investigator a surgery that a member was having. The investigator was also breast feeding right there too. All the kids here and Brazilians like to tell me that I have a big nose. I have acquired the skill of walking through ancient Japanese antique shops with a backpack on. It was nice to see that many Americans on the conference video. Hollow Spaghetti is the worst idea in the world because you can’t slurp it up because you just suck air. We couldn’t leave an investigator’s house the other night because our ride was doing a 3D pig puzzle. It was fun when sister Travaller called and wanted to talk to me and we were almost an hour past curfew. Sorry that was so choppy. I really don’t have a lot of time.

This week was really difficult. I’m just trying to get by and figure out the languages and how to get work done. I’m also trying to figure out how we can make curfew more often so that we aren’t held hostage by members on the outskirts of the city. I’m doing well though. I’ve started to miss home and all my friends this week. It’s tough some days. I wish I could have more success too.

Please send me letters and I will try to respond as soon as possible. I got one letter from Mom and Katie. Katie it was wonderful. I love you so much. I’m trying to find stuff to send to you. I think I will be able to manage next P-day’s time a little bit better so I can write a better email and handwrite more. I’m trying to clean our apartment right now.

I love you all and please distribute this letter to my friends. I love them as well. Shelby your letter made me very happy and I’m excited for you.

Love you all

Elder Tyler Hooton

No comments:

Post a Comment